Guest Blog by Christopher Beaumont of Gryphon Photography

I'd like to introduce you to a man who's photography is amazingly dramatic......Christopher Beaumont.
Christopher provided me with a stunning photograph of a cake I'd made for one of my brides. Closer inspection of his website & blog revealed that this dramatic character is his unique trademark, so I thought it would be nice to share a few more pictures of Faye & Lloyds wedding with you.
Christopher has also kindly written a 'guest blog' to go alongside it...............


Upon seeing Lloyd and Faye’s wedding cake, my partner Kady, a self-proclaimed cake expert, was convinced that all of those thousands of raised bumps must be an automated process, her guess was that Katie uses a sheet with all the dots on and layers it over the top of the icing. I asked Katie, who assures me that each and every dot is hand-placed, and that she is “seeing double” by the end of the process.




It is that kind of attention to detail that sets Katie’s cakes above any other I’ve seen, and I’ve been to a LOT of weddings!
Please allow me to show and tell you a little more about Lloyd and Faye’s big day – it took place on August 20th this year, with the ceremony at All Saints Church and Reception at the Haycock in Wansford.
So that’s the facts, let me attempt to tell you the story!
I’ve been a wedding photographer for a number of years now, I work for myself, and for the first time in my life I look forward to going to work! I get to meet amazing people on the happiest day of their lives, I get to see all the little quirks that makes their relationship unique, I get to try and capture that and tell their story to them, their friends and family, and to the rest of the world, and their story IS unique, no two weddings can possibly be alike, sometimes it’s tiny details – a bag of her favourite sweets, or a hand-written promise of a trip to London to see the West-End show ‘Wicked’ – written on a movie ticket stub to symbolize their mutual love of film, the thing that drew them together during their dating years.


Sometimes it’s an iPod touch with a customized playlist of their songs (every relationship needs an “our song” right?)

And sometimes it’s big moments like nature giving you a perfect cloud formation to float above you as you embrace on your wedding day.


maybe it’s man-made details, like a floral arch hand-made by your mum.


Or, finally, it can be emotional details, how will YOU feel on your wedding day when you complete your first dance with your true love, and have an entire room applauding you?

But it always comes down to the details, your details, on your big day, ARE the story of your day, even if it’s just your smiling guests, a surprised mother, a flying child or an adventurous ladybird.

I have the best job in the world, I get to share these moments with you, and document them for you to look back on for 50 years, I love what I do, and I hope I get to work with some of the people reading this blog very soon.

As a big thank you to Katie for inviting me to share my “amazingly dramatic” photos with you all (she knows how to flatter a man!) we are currently offering a massive 5% discount to anyone who is a customer of Katie’s incredible cakes, I hope you take us both up on this, and I look forward to speaking to some of you in the near future.

Chris Beaumont is the lead photographer at gryphon photography – check out their website at www.gryphonphotography.co.uk or e-mail chris@gryphonphotography.co.uk to book your wedding consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment